Every year around this time, I go through my Christmas cards and make gift tags to use for next year’s presents. It is so fast and easy! I literally just sit down with a pair of normal and fancy edged scissors and cut away while watching my current obsession on Netflix! It is fun to see the Christmas cards again next year…not to mention it is green, super cute and will save you some money! It is also amazing how you can always find a tag that matches your wrapping paper perfectly. Next year, just add a hole punch to your Christmas decorating accessories. Punch a hole into your super cute tag, write a note on the back side with a fun colored marker, and tie it to the package with some pretty ribbon or twine from the dollar store! No bows needed. Beautiful! Now people can’t complain that cards are a waste of money and just get thrown away! =)
There is only one thing I like better than a bargain…and that is FREE STUFF! Here are some pretty awesome baby deals for pretty awesome items! You get the items free and just pay shipping! That is about $120 worth of stuff for about $36 shipping!! I ordered my free udder cover and seven sling before I was even pregnant to put in my “hope chest”. I didn’t want to pass up a great deal! You could even get these for a nice baby shower gift for someone else! I just ordered my free carseat canopy to have for future babies. I wish I had it for Clover’s infant seat. (P.S. I have never been hassled by the companies after my purchase.) You’re welcome! =)
FREE Carseat Canopy:
1. Go to www.CarseatCanopy.com.
2. Click “Shop Now” and select any carseat canopy (I picked Reagan!).
3. You will automatically be directed to the shopping bag. Use promo code: CCMOTHER for a free canopy! All you pay is the shipping fee…about $12.95. (This promo code can also be used for $50 off the cost of any 5-Piece Whole Caboodle Set)
Note:the promo code is ” CCMOTHER ” and can be used more than once – just open a new browser window each time.
FREE Udder Cover:
1. Go to www.uddercovers.com
2. Click “Shop Now” and select any Udder Cover (I picked Carson!).
3. You will automatically be directed to the shopping bag. Use promo code: CARSEAT for a free udder cover! All you pay is the shipping fee…about $11.95.
FREE Seven Sling:
1. Go to www.sevenslings.com
2. Click “Shop Now” and select any Seven Sling (I picked Northern Lights!).
3. You will automatically be directed to the shopping bag. Use promo code: CARSEAT for a free sling! All you pay is the shipping fee…about $11.95. Note: They automatically insert “size exchange insurance” for $3.50 into your cart in case it doesn’t fit you. You may choose to keep it or remove it.
I am all about coffee! My entire kitchen is coffee themed…I am dedicated! Obviously, I just have to share this penny pincher tip with you. We all know coffee can get pricey…so enjoy this sweet offer from Starbuck’s while it lasts! They are offering half priced frappuccino’s May 4-13 from 3-5 PM. P.S. They have a new Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino!! The picture looks like it has chocolate whip on it…yum! I was seriously just thinking the other day (as I sipped my java chip frappuccino) that I wished they had one with cookies. Thank you, Jesus! =)
I remember the first time I ordered from a Starbuck’s. I was so nervous because the menu seemed to go on forever and what do all those words and terms mean?? Here are some tips to help you sound like you know what you are doing.
Did you know?
- Non-fat: You can order pretty much all of Starbuck’s drinks as “non-fat” and they use non-fat skim milk. This will almost halve your calories and take away the fat. I cannot tell a difference and always order my coffee drinks non-fat (you can also specify 1% or 2% milk if you prefer that). Note: Non-fat versions do not include whipped cream…you have to say “with whip” to add this…worth the calories in my opinion.
- Sugar Free: You can also order many of Starbuck’s drinks “sugar free” and sugar free syrup is used.
- Skinny: Non-fat skim milk and sugar free syrup are used. Guilt free!
- Decaf: You can order most drinks without the caffeine. I thought my pregnancy and breastfeeding days were going to make me miss my favorite Pumpkin Spiced latte and Gingerbread latte which are only offered seasonally. I was wrong…for once…thankfully! ;P
- Tall: Small size (12 oz)
- Grande: Medium size (16 oz)
- Venti: Large size (20 oz hot or 24 oz cold)
- Kid’s Temp: Around 140 degrees. I have a “weak” mouth. I hate waiting -forever- for my coffee to cool off so I can enjoy it. I now order all of my hot drinks at kids temp so I can sip away immediately without scalding my mouth.
There are obviously many more coffee terms but these are some basics I’ve learned over the years to get you started. Enjoy your Happy Hour! I can’t wait to try my grande decaf non-fat mocha cookie crumble frappuccino with whip!
P.S. My all time favorite Starbuck’s Drink is: Grande decaf non-fat kids temp gingerbread latte with whip (that is a mouth full…a yummy one!). What’s yours?
This post is going to be short and sweet. I had the pleasure of working 13 hours today with only 20 minutes of rest for lunch followed by grocery shopping/unloading, etc. Needless to say, I am ready for bed but might squeeze in a chapter of The Hunger Games first! =)
To continue my “get the most for your money” penny pincher ideas, I’d like to share a tip I learned from an interview I watched years ago with Queen Latifah. She said her grandmother taught her to use baking soda as an exfoliant. You simply mix some baking soda with water to form a paste and gently rub it on your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin (avoid eye areas). Rinse off and enjoy smooth skin. It’s that quick and that simple! Exfoliate 1-2 times a week to slough off dead skin cells, dirt, and oil. You can also mix the baking soda into your facial cleanser if you’d like. Baking soda can be used to soften your feet, hands, and elbows as well. You can even mix it with shampoo to get build up out of your hair. Another neat tip is to soak your combs and brushes in a basin of warm water with 1 teaspoon baking soda to rid them of build up. At around 50 cents for a large box of generic brand baking soda (at Wal-Mart…shameless plug!) you can save some cash and treat yourself to a relaxing spa night at home! Life gets busy…especially for working moms. Don’t forget to pamper yourself every now and then!
For more neat baking soda ideas visit: http://www.armandhammer.com/solutions.aspx
I have always loved to shop. My Mom used to half jokingly tell me I better pick a good job so I could afford my love to shop. Now that I am working and spending my own money, I have found pleasure in finding good deals and being a smart shopper. I want to get the most for my money…especially now that the time I spend at work making my money is valuable time spent away from my baby girl! I thought I’d share one of my super finds with you.
If you live near a Tanger outlet there is absolutely no question…join the Tanger Club! I did not know it existed until recently and have saved so much money! For a one time fee of $10 you join the club. They send you a $10 gift card on your birthday the first year you join so you get the $10 back. Once enrolled, you are a member for the life of Tanger outlets and get all of the coupon book discounts every time you shop. You also get special web offers, birthday specials, and free gift card purchases. Some of my favorite deals are 20% off $40 at Carter’s, 20% off $50 at The Children’s Place, 15% off $75 at The Loft, 20% off one item with purchase at Aerie…and the list goes on! A local special coupon this year is buy one buffet and get one free at Harrington Raceway and Casino.
Another good idea is to like Tanger on facebook and sign up for their text message deals. They offered a free $10 gift card for a Midway movie ticket stub this fall as well as for leap year and daylight savings…$30 of gift cards within 5 months! Yes please! Happy Shopping!!
P.S. You can buy the club card as a gift…great Mother’s Day idea!